Fall in Roma 2006

Here you will find the musings, discoveries, exasperations, longings, and general insights of a painter, a poet and their precocious toddler -- all of whom are living, studying, and exploring in Rome for the Fall of 2006.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Costa Mesa, California, United States

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Una Bambina Neo Realismo

A STAR IS BORN
A Photoplay in the Italian Neorealist Style

INTERIOR
EVENING SCENE AROUND THE DINNER TABLE
A LITTLE BREAD, WINE, CANDLELIT

Ciara
Papa I am so hungry!

Papa
I Know, Ciara, Papa is trying to find a job. I want to bring home the food for us.

Mama
I don’t know what to do ! How can we make do ?
I try
I try to make what we have serve us……I don’t know, I am so tired ……


Papa
I know, I’ll try harder tomorrow, There are so many Art Historians in Rome ! How can I get ahead !!!

Mama
I know, you try, but we must have food ! How can we survive….?
Perhaps I should try to find work ?

Papa
NO NO ! I will save us from that kind of life…I promise !!!!


NEXT DAY
EXTERIOR
San Francesco a Ripa Church

Ciara
Santo Francesco ! Save my family, I beg you !!!!

Director
“Who is that there ?
……..
that is what I’m looking for ! A fresh face, a new generation !
I must get that person into my film ! She is the essence of the new , the bold !!!!

Ciara
If only we could find a home, a place to live …Papa could work, Mama could cook……

CUT TO:
Papa, next to a bicycle

“I must find work today,
what shall I do…?
Classico Roma…..the Colosseo
Renaissance Roma…..Sistina
or
Baroque Roma, Piazza Navona ?”

Mama
From a window
“Buona Fortuna”

Cut To:
Papa
“Grazie ! Mi Amora”

Papa Walks off dejectedly

Cut to:

Ciara , begging before the church

Cut To :
Director, “She is a natural !
This is my new Star !”

Cut to:

Papa Exterior

Walking at the Colloseo





Cut To:
Papa
Walking up to a Baroque Church

Cut to: Papa
Walking at a Garden Villa

Cut to :
Ciara
Looking up into the eyes of the Director


Cut to: the Director, looking down to Ciara

Cut to:
Mama, walking the streets, in a suggestive manner.

Cut to:
The Director
Observing Mama

Cut to: Ciara
Seeing Mama , calling out “ Mama”

Cut to: Director
“This is too good to be true !”

Cut to:
Mama & Ciara embracing

Cut to:
the Director
In exclamation !



Cut to:
Papa
Holding up many Euros !!!!
Embracing his family

Cut to :
Director
Signing “and saying “bellissimo”. Points to his prosperous movie theater.

Cut to:
A poster showing the happy family in a Roman setting
Enjoying the fruits of life.

FINI

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the funniest freakin' thing ever!!! I wanted to see mama and the director smoochin'!!

c

10:35 PM  
Blogger Heidi Schmidt said...

I love it i love it i love it!!!
what drama...what inspiration...what a classic!!!! oscars here we come says I!!!
love
hEiDi

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home