Fall in Roma 2006

Here you will find the musings, discoveries, exasperations, longings, and general insights of a painter, a poet and their precocious toddler -- all of whom are living, studying, and exploring in Rome for the Fall of 2006.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Costa Mesa, California, United States

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

DREAMS COME TRUE!





Evidently some people care to remember what it is to DREAM! While we were gathering our family around to take pix and wait for the spectre of high noon to celebrate, who should show up but BARBARA and MELINDA!!!! two girls from our group ten years ago!!!! We screamed (much to the chagrin of the tour groups massed around) we cried (everyone cried, even Tom) and we hugged while jumping up and down (on a ledge overlooking the fountain, no less). I am still in utter shock and bouyant from the sheer excitement of it all. We went to lunch at an amazing little osteria to celebrate and had one of our best meals in Rome yet. I'll write more later, but I just had to share with all of you who have been following our bumpy journey through Italy.

I AM SO EXCITED I CAN'T STAND IT!!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

I'm so happy for you...i'm writing this through my tears...when i read your post, I just started crying.. what an suprise, a joy, the stuff that makes you believe.
C

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm excited and happy too !! Small world, isn't it? There has to be so many around the fountain. Hope they realized the importance of your visit there on that day at that time...All the other stuff is just small aggravations now!! Carry on.... GREAT PHOTOS !!Aunt J

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home